Sunday, July 12, 2020

Room 5's Identity Dragon - Learn-Create-Share Project

Room 5's Identify Dragon Projet

We've been learning about myths and legends.... we learnt about unicorns and other mythical creatures and all of a sudden we ended up here... Dragons, Dragons, Dragons! 

Are they real? Are they mythical? Why? How? Any evidence? So many questions!!!

Room 5 was extremely enthusiastic to explore this topic. We read a lot of stories, we watched some videos and we put our thinking hats on.... Well, if the dragons are not real, they are still VERY COOL! We created our own Dragon that is now looking after our classroom!




























We used different art, creative and collaborative techniques to create our dragon:

  • drawing on the topic
  • paper mache
  • other craft techniques that sometimes were re-invented by Rm 5's learners!
  • collage
  • creative narrative writing
  • report writing
  • instructional writing
  • measurements and plan proposals
  • problem-solving
  • and many more!

We had fun learning!

3 comments:

  1. I like the dragon! My favourite part was when we were painting the head. Also I liked when Ms Elena was cutting the head because it was satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I’m Sadaw, and I really like how we were working as a team, helping each other and having fun! I also had fun making the scales! My favourite part was when we were painting the dragon’s head. I had fun and learnt something very important which is “Teamwork Makes The DreamWork!”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I’m Phyu Sin, and I liked the part when we decorated the arms and legs for the dragon.

    ReplyDelete