Monday, March 1, 2021

New Zealand Birds

Today, we started to learn about New Zealand birds. Some of these birds are endemic. That means they are found only in our country!  


Here are some of our thoughts:

Cilia: I liked the book because I could learn about New Zealand's birds. My favourite New Zealand bird is tui because I like the colours. Also I like pukeko because they have long legs and they like stealing bread I feed to the ducks. I want to learn more about kea and pukeko

Sadaw: I really enjoyed the book because I actually learnt about new NZ Birds. My favourite NZ bird is the Kea, because they are cheeky like me! I really want to research about a Tūi, because I really want to know where they are usually seen at.

Zurielle: Piwakawaka are very small birds but they have very long tails that looks like a fan! Which reminds me of something! Do you know what it is? It's a fantail! Piwakawaka are very similar to fantails which almost makes piwakawaka and fantails well... the same!

You can find more information about NZ birds here

2 comments:

  1. I really like your thinking, girls! My favourite NZ bird would probably be the Piwakawaka. I think they're so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work girls, you are doing excellent. My favourite NZ native bird is the Fantail, just because they are so beautiful and gracious. - Miss V

    ReplyDelete